If you love South East Asian food and want to learn some authentic recipes from Thailand, this is the course for you! We are running a 4 week Thai cookery course covering a range of techniques and recipes to ensure you’ll complete the course with bags of confidence in the kitchen!
Each session will be 2 hours long and you will learn some new dishes every week.
Classes will be held on the below dates from 6.30pm – 8.30pm (you should be available for all dates):
Thursday 18th June
Thursday 25th June
Thursday 2nd July
Thursday 9th July
Techniques you will learn:
Week 1 – Beef Massaman Curry, Thai Coconut Rice, Chicken Satay & Dipping Sauce
- Make your own Massaman curry paste
- How to make a dark, rich flavoured and full bodied Massaman Curry Sauce
- Satay Sauce preparation
- Marinating and grilling meat
Week 2 – Prawn Pad Thai & Green Papaya Salad
- Knife skills and fine slicing
- How to make the perfect Thai salad dressing
- How to stir fry to sizzling perfection
- Learn how to use Thai products to create and replicate authentic Thai dishes and flavours
Week 3 – Panaeng Sweet Potato and Spinach Curry, Stir Fried Seasonal Vegetables in Chilli, Oyster Sauce & Soy, Sticky Thai Rice in Banana Leaf
- How to make the perfect Panaeng curry paste
- How to make an authentic stir fry sauce
- How to soak and steam rice so your rice is perfectly soft and fluffy
Week 4 – Tofu Pad Prik King & Glass Noodle Salad.
- How to make a Pad Prik Curry Paste
- How to create a perfect Pad Prik stir fry, a dry stir fry
- How to cook with tofu correctly
- How to make a Thai salad dressing that is expertly balanced in flavour
- Rice noodle preparation
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of the dish.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in each week, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.