If you aspire to be a culinary all-rounder then this course is for you… We are running a 6 week cooking skills course covering a wide range of cooking techniques and recipes to ensure you will complete the course with bags of confidence in the kitchen!
Each session will be 2.5 hours long and you will learn a new dish every week. At the end of this course you will be able to bake, boil, butcher and braise your way to culinary success.
Classes will be held on the below dates from 6.30pm – 9pm (you should be available for all dates):
Wednesday 18th September
Wednesday 25th September
Wednesday 2nd October
Wednesday 9th October
Wednesday 16th October
Wednesday 23rd October
Techniques you will learn:
- Knife Skills – Vegetable Soba Noodle Stir Fry & Spring Rolls
- Learn how to correctly sharpen a knife.
- How to hold the knife safely and correctly.
- Rocking Chop and Cross Chop, useful for your everyday cooking.
- Chiffonard slicing technique.
- How to Julienne vegetables.
- Brunoise (fine dice).
- Pureeing with a knife.
- Making the Most of Chicken – Basic Butchery
- Learn how to bone and portion a whole chicken, butterfly and stuff the breasts.
- Discover the science and techniques behind marinating.
- Learn how to make an excellent stock for use in a range of dishes.
- Fresh Pasta with 3 Sauces, plus Italian bread
- How to make the perfect pasta dough using different flavours from scratch using the kneading and resting process.
- How to use a pasta machine and expertly roll, shape and dry your pasta for another day.
- How to make 3 excellent sauces – Arrabiata, Pesto and Carbonara
- Learn how to make an impressive Rosemary Focaccia.
- North Indian Curry, plus bread
- Learn about spices and how to toast and temper spices to make a tarka to intensely season your dhal.
- Learn how to make Kaddu ki Subji, a spicy butternut squash curry.
- Learn a quick and easy method to unlock the secrets of the cooking basmati rice to perfection.
- Make a stove top naan bread.
- Fish and Seafood Preparation
- How to bone, scale, skin and fillet a round fish.
- How to clean and prepare mussels, king prawns and squid.
- How to make a flavoursome fish stock.
- How to make sofrito (the tomato base for paella).
- Learn about the sourcing and sustainability of fish.
- Sweet Pastry
- How to expertly make, rest, roll and blind bake the perfect sweet pastry shell.
- Make an amazing Pear Frangipane with Crème Anglaise.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of the dish.
Please note that you do not need to bring any equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost. However, you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.
This event is fully booked.