Join our expert chefs and create two delicious sponge cakes, recipes that should be in everyone’s repertoire. The perfect afternoon dishes, or for that special treat!
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn how to create a light soft textured Genoise sponge, cooking eggs to a sabayon and learning the correct techniques of folding flour.
- Lining the sponge tins and cooking temperatures. How to carefully remove the sponge and filling the sponge with jam and cream.
- Creaming and mixing the ingredients for a Victoria Sandwich. Lining a sponge tin, cooking temperatures and how to decorate your delicious sponge.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again:
- Genoise Sponge with fruit compôte and vanilla cream
- Victoria Sandwich with buttercream
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
Please note that you do not need to bring any equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost. You will however need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.