Bread is nutritious if it is made the right way. Allow us to show you how three simple ingredients can transform into a beautifully crispy loaf of bread. Half way through this session you will sit down to enjoy a tasty lunch.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn how ingredients work, why is your bread good one day and not good the next? Let our resident chef show you how to produce a consistently good loaf.
- Learn how to shape bread dough, apply toppings.
- What signs to look for to judge when your bread is proved and how to produce a crispy crust yet light and airy crumb.
Full recipes including ingredients list and method are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again. Students make:
- Challah (a traditional Jewish enriched dough, a 4 strand plaited loaf)
- Irish soda bread (A traditional Irish unleavened bread)
- Date and walnut dinner rolls
- Focaccia with seasonal herbs and garlic
What you can take home:
Please note that you you will need to bring something to take your bread home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
There is also a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.
Bookings are closed for this event.