Join expert chocolatier Andrew Thwaite for our introduction to chocolate making, an ideal opportunity to create some unique chocolate creations including a handmade Easter egg.
Techniques you will learn:
- Andrew will reveal how we get from a cocoa bean to a chocolate bar and help you to make sense of all the different grades and bean varieties available to buy during an introductory tasting session.
- Under his expert guidance, you’ll then learn the principles of chocolate tempering and have a go at the various methods you can use at home, including using a marble slab, using a microwave and the seeding method.
- Once you know the tempering secrets, you will create your own Easter egg using a variety of techniques. Andrew will show you how to use coloured cocoa butter, transfers and inclusions to make show stopping Easter treats.
- You’ll be working in pairs, so why not bring a friend with you and have a fun day out!!
- You will take away lots of new skills and printed recipe sheets. We’ll also provide you with some useful contacts for sourcing equipment and chocolate-making supplies.
Enjoy making a range of delicious chocolate treats, including;
- Handmade chocolate Easter egg
- Easter chocolate truffles
- A chocolate lollypop and bespoke chocolate bar both with an Easter theme
Please note that you do not need to bring any equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost. You will however need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.
Bookings are closed for this event.