A new five hour cookery class exploring some classics of French haute cuisine.
Our chefs will teach you a wide range of practical skills to prepare and cook five dishes. You’ll use professional techniques to develop your understanding of classic French cookery.
Class includes a delicious lunch with a glass of wine!
Techniques you will learn:
- Cut, chop dice, slice, fry, boil, braise, roast, bake and grill!
- How to use a variety of knives to cut, slice and chop a range of different commodities.
- How to perfectly caramelise onions for a warming French onion soup.
- Cut up a whole chicken, identify the cuts and how to use them efficiently. You will make a hearty authentic Coq au Vin.
- Make a delicious red wine sauce. Reduce and adjust consistency and what to look for in a finished sauce.
- How to make Cauliflower Mornay, making a roux based cheese sauce. Preparing and cooking cauliflower to make this favourite French tea-time treat.
- How to prepare potatoes for Pommes Hasselback, a herb roasted potato dish which is a tasty alternative to roast or new potatoes.
- Prepare a classic Apple Tarte Tartin.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again:
- French Onion Soup
- Coq au Vin
- Cauliflower Mornay
- Pomme Hasselback
- Apple Tarte Tartin
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each cookery class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.
This event is fully booked.