Do you want to learn some British Indian classic curry recipes? This class is for you, spice lovers! Learn how to make five different curries plus some great staple side dishes.
Make two curries (one for lunch at the cookery school and one to take home), plus two different pastes to take home with you.
Techniques you will learn:
- You will be toasting and blending your own spices, and shown how to achieve maximum flavour.
- Learn the correct way to cook your pastes and curries.
- Learn the secrets of making a rice pilaf cooked with whole spices.
- How make a roti dough, rolling shaping and cooking tasty buttery roti breads.
- Using knife skills in preparing the meat to go into the curries.
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Chicken Jalfrezi
- Vindaloo paste
- Korma paste
- Pilaf Rice
- Buttery Roti
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each curry.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.