Learn how to make some cracking dishes using eggs – versatile, healthy and they won’t break the bank! The class is aimed at developing your knowledge and understanding of cooking eggs; demystifying the techniques of poaching, making a warm emulsion sauce, making perfect pancakes, honing your brunch making skills, binding and coating scotch eggs and learning the how to make a light and flavorsome raspberry soufflé.
Brunch with a glass of fizz is included. There will also be a demonstration of how to cook scrambled eggs with a touch of truffle oil and an opportunity to taste duck eggs and quail eggs.
Techniques you will learn:
- Make an amazing Hollandaise sauce and cook up a brunch of Eggs Royale or Eggs Benedict!
- Learn how to make perfect fluffy American style pancakes.
- Learn how to poach eggs to perfection every time.
- Boil eggs and use the deep fryer to create your own wonderful signature scotch eggs.
- How to make an intensely flavoured soufflé base with cassis.
- Learn how to make a fluffy white meringue.
- How to fold the soufflé ingredients together correctly.
- How to line and prepare your soufflé mould and the bake to perfection.
- Make a yummy raspberry coulis to finish the soufflé.
- How to make the perfect scrambled eggs (demo).
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Eggs Benedict/Eggs Royale (poached eggs, hollandaise)
- Signature Scotch Eggs
- Scrambled Eggs
- Raspberry Soufflé
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You’ll take home everything that you make except for the Eggs Royale or Benedict and American sytyle pancakes, which you will have for brunch with a glass of fizz.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.
Bookings are closed for this event.