Let them eat cake! More than just bread, this class will explore the rich buttery world of Brioche, Babka and the revolutionary Cruffin! Allow our guest baker, Wayne Clarke, to take you through the steps of how to mix, shape and construct these exciting and sumptuous enriched dough treats!
This class is limited to 7 people per session, meaning you receive lots of help and can get the most out of our experts! Class includes lunch and refreshments.
Techniques you will learn:
- To understand recipe, formula mixing times and techniques involved in making enriched dough.
- To understand the role of fermentation, proving times and temperature of enriched dough.
- How to shape brioche and babka.
- How to make cruffin dough, frangipane and construct cruffins.
- How to make a Portuguese style custard tart using a brioche base.
- To understand the baking times and techniques of each product.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Mini Brioche, laced with fresh orange zest and vanilla
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Babka
- Portuguese Custard Tart with a rich buttery brioche base
- Almond Cruffins with frangipane
Please note that you you will need to bring several very large suitable boxes, bags or breathable containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.