A sausage masterclass from Leeds-based traditional butchers Setchfields: learn the secrets of a good sausage filling, different flavours and textures, plus design and make your own sausages to take home!
Techniques you will learn:
- The Setchfield sausage is made using rare breed pork sourced locally… Only Yorkshire’s finest, using natural sausage skins/casing, hand mixed and linked to ensure the best finish.
- You will learn to unlock the secrets of a good sausage mincing, expertly seasoning and filling the casing under the guidance of Richard Setchfield owner and Master Butcher of the renowned Setchfields butchers
- Learn the family favourites thin pork chipolatas, Cumberland links, and the award winning Italian coarse cut … named Roman Dawn (14% proof!)
- This summer’s favourite Chorizo and Chilli Jam is also very popular and ideal for the barbeque.
Full recipes, including ingredients and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Chorizo and Chilli Jam ideal for the barbecue.
- Learn the family favourite thin pork chipolatas
- Cumberland links
- The award winning Italian Course Cut … named Roman Dawn
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. Students will also take home breakfast sausages and Cumberland ring sausages.
Please note that you do not need to bring any equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost. You will however need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.
Bookings are closed for this event.