A great introduction to cookery for junior chefs (aged 12+), this 3 session course will teach students some really useful skills and should ignite a passion for food! Students will learn 6 great dishes across the 3 sessions and leave ready to create wholesome fresh food to feed the family.
Classes take place from 9.30am-12pm on Saturday 2nd February, Saturday 9th February and Saturday 16th February.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn the process of making a yeasted bread dough, mixing, kneading and pizza shaping.
- Make a homemade marinara sauce using tomatoes, garlic and basil, apply toppings.
- Basic knife skills, chopping shallots and fresh culinary herbs.
- The correct way to make an impressive Risotto.
- Learn the process of making a yeasted bread dough, mixing, kneading and shaping a Naan Bread.
- Cutting, marinating and cooking Chicken Tikka.
- Techniques and tips to making a Rice Pilau with a mix of spices.
- How to make a fantastic Beef Chilli and accompanying Corn Salsa.
- Learn the process of making a Choux Pastry and piping technique to make eclairs and profiteroles.
- Techniques and tips to pipe and fill the eclairs and profiteroles with Crème Chantilly.
- How to make a sweet shortcrust pastry.
- How to correctly prepare and cook rhubarb.
- How to make a crumble topping.
- Presentation of the finished dishes.
- Nutritional guidance, tips and comparison on fresh versus take away.
- Health and Safety guidance for the kitchen.
Full recipes including ingredients list and method are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Fresh Herb Risotto
- Margarita Pizza
- Chicken Tikka with Rice Pilaf
- Beef Chilli with Roast Corn Salsa
- Profiteroles with fresh cream & chocolate sauce
- Rhubarb Crumble Tart
What you can take home:
Attendees will take home their dishes at the end of each session.
Please note that you do not need to bring any equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost. You will however need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 2L) food storage containers to take your food home in.
There is also a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
Refreshments are provided throughout.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.
Bookings are closed for this event.