A special cookery course for your junior chefs (aged 12+) making some great food for Halloween and Bonfire Night, think Spooky Spaghetti, Pumpkin Pasties and Parkin! The 3 session course will teach students some really useful skills and should ignite a passion for food!
Classes take place from 10am -12.30pm on Wednesday 30th October, Thursday 31st October and Friday 1st November.
Techniques you will learn:
- How to make the perfect black pasta dough from scratch using the kneading and resting process.
- How to use a pasta machine and expertly roll and shape your pasta.
- Make a homemade marinara sauce using tomatoes, garlic and basil.
- Cutting, marinating and cooking Chicken Tikka kebabs (vegetarian option available upon request).
- Preparing a pumpkin filling for pasties.
- Working with shortcrust pastry – rolling, cutting, shaping, filling and baking.
- Preparing a sausage and black pudding filling for sausage rolls (vegetarian option available upon request).
- Working with puff pastry – rolling, cutting, shaping, filling and baking.
- Preparing and baking a delicious Yorkshire Parkin.
- Presentation of the finished dishes.
- Basic knife skills, nutritional guidance & Health and Safety guidance for the kitchen.
Full recipes including ingredients list and method are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Day 1: Halloween Party Pleasers – Chicken Tikka Kebabs, Pumpkin Pasties
- Day 2: Spooky Spaghetti – Black Spaghetti with Marinana Sauce
- Day 3: Bonfire Treats – Black Pudding Sausage Rolls and Yorkshire Parkin
What you can take home:
Attendees will take home their dishes at the end of each session.
Please note that you do not need to bring any equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost. You will however need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 2L) food storage containers to take your food home in.
There is also a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
Refreshments are provided.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.