Come to Leeds Cookery School for this two hour session and we will take you to the Blues and Jazz-filled streets of New Orleans! Make Gumbo, one Louisiana’s most famous dishes, and experience the food behind the culture as you sail down the bayou to create this impressive stew.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn the holy trinity of vegetables, how to make a Cajun roux and the special spice mix that create the flavour of Gumbo.
- How to prepare and cook all the ingredients, including king prawns, perfectly for your Gumbo.
- How to cook rice to perfection.
- Basic knife skills that you will use to improve your day to day home cooking.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Chicken, Prawn and Chorizo Gumbo
- Rice with Red Beans
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home your Gumbo and Rice with Red Beans.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.