Learn how to prepare and cook a meal with Yorkshire Chef Steph Moon and present it in an innovative style! You’ll make four outstanding dishes to take home including a pork pie to freeze for Christmas!
Lunch is also included in this all day session. Spaces are limited to 10 so don’t miss out!
Techniques you will learn:
- Butchery (partridge)
- Fish Filleting (trout)
- Making and working with hot water pastry
- Working with ready-made puff pastry
- Baking (pie)
- Confit (game)
- Enrobing (trout)
- Stewing (fruits)
- Preparing and cooking side dishes of alforno potatoes, pea puree and crispy kale.
- Restaurant style plating and garnishing
In this class the below recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Partridge with cobnut crust and potted game
- Baked Trout en croute with Pandan Rice, free range eggs, fresh herbs, alforno potatoes, pea puree and crispy kale
- Homemade Pork Pie
- Steph’s Yorkshire Sloe Gin & Dark Chocolate Torte with mulled fruits.
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will take everything else that you make home with you except the potatoes which you will have as part of your lunch (with pork pie made by Steph!).
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.