In this cookery session you’ll touch down in Greece with an afternoon of rustic, laid-back taverna-style cooking. During this class you will explore low-and-slow cooking techniques in creating a traditional yet versatile Greek stew – Stifado – along with some classic side dishes suitable for any Greek dinner party or meze table. You will also sample an iconic Greek dessert – loukoumades – deep-fried fritters served with Greek honey and nuts – an indulgent end to a relaxing afternoon of summer cooking!
You will leave the session with a meal for two, ready to transport you to Greece and recipes to cherish.
Techniques you will learn:
- Low & Slow – taste the transformation that comes with low & slow cooking. As ingredients tenderise and flavours deepen, you’ll leave the session eager and confident to take the slower route to great-tasting dishes.
- Authentic Greek – our host will furnish you with tips and hacks to creating authentic Greek food at home, good enough to please to any Greek! You will be given tips on sourcing Greek produce and how to inspire taverna ambience at your dinner table.
- Salad Savvy – learn how to get the best out of seasonal vegetables to create a perfectly balanced, high-quality vegetable dish. You will learn a range of knife skills.
- Flash Fried – in this session we will touch on deep-frying with a classic deep-fried Greek dessert. You will leave inspired by this quick Greek dessert fit for a crowd.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Greek Spiced Beef Stew (Stifado)
- Greek Lemon Potatoes (Patates Limonates)
- Authentic Greek Salad (Horiatiki)
- Greek Honey Nut Fritters (Loukoumades)
What you can take home:
During the class you will get to create and take home all of the dishes you create, and sample the tutor’s version in class. We advise you to bring 2x 1L containers with tight-fitting lids to take your dishes home. The dessert will be demonstrated for you to sample. You will get to take home printed copies of all recipes presented on the day.
Please note that you you will need to bring a sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage container to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.
Bookings are closed for this event.