This class focuses on everyone’s favourite savoury snacks. Handmade pie using traditional hot water pastry and the classic sausage roll but with a tasty black pudding twist!
Techniques you will learn:
- The correct techniques to preparing, making, handling and cooking hot water pastry.
- Professional skills to line a pie tin and making a delicious pork pie with gelatine.
- Correct techniques of rolling, resting and cutting puff pastry to ensure a crispy, flaky black pudding sausage roll.
In this class the below recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Handmade Pork pie using traditional hot water pastry.
- Black pudding sausage roll.
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You’ll take home your handmade Pork Pie ready to cook at home, with gelatine to give the pie that classic jelly finish as well as your baked flaky Black Pudding Sausage Rolls.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
If you’d like to make an enquiry before making a booking please check our FAQ section, and if the answer to your query isn’t there, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within two working days. If you’d like to call us please do so on 0113 323 7700 and if the phone is unmanned please leave a message with your contact number. We’ll aim to get back to you within two working days.