6 Week Cooking Skills Course (LEVEL 2)This 6-week intermediate cookery course will enable you to elevate your home cooking to more impressive heights.
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£380.00 per person
About this experience
Perhaps you have already completed our Level 1 course, or you may just be a confident home cook looking to enhance your skills. Our Intermediate Cooking Skills Course has all the great recipes, hints, tips and tricks that you’ll need to build your culinary knowledge and take your home cooking to the next level!
THE COURSE WILL CONSIST OF 6x 2.5-HOUR SESSIONS HELD AT THE SAME TIME EACH WEEK FOR SIX CONSECUTIVE WEEKS.
Each session will be 2.5 hours long and you will learn a new dish each session. At the end of this course you will be able to bake, boil, butcher and braise your way to culinary success at home!
Techniques you will learn:
Revisiting Knife Skills
- Revisit and rehash your knife skills to unlock new cookery teachniques in the kitchen.
Red Meat & Emulsification Sauces
- Learn how to shop for and select the perfect cuts of red meat for your steak night.
- Prepare exquisite hand-cut chips.
- Learn how to perfect a classic emulsion sauce to accompany your steak.
- Perfect a cold emulsion salad dressing with an understanding of adjusting and balancing flavours.
- Explore authentic South-East Asian flavours and aromatics.
- You will explore the phenomenon of 'umami' and how to apply it effectively in Asian cookery.
- Master temperature control and technique in creating stir-fry dishes.
Classic Italian Cuisine
- Master a classic Italian dish: risotto.
- Learn how to prepare and apply seasonal vegetables and make the most of their potential.
- You will elevate your understanding of using shortcrust and puff pastry at home.
- You will create a savoury pastry and sweet pastry using seasonal ingredients.
- You will explore creative ways to adjust flavours and textures in basic pastry.
Proofing, Kneading and Shaping Dough – Pizza & Prosecco
- Learn the essential process of bread-making in creating a delightful pizza dough.
- Try the art of pizza-making in a domestic oven.
- Celebrate the completion of your course with a cocktail-making masterclass!
Full recipes including ingredients and method are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire. Exact recipes may vary according to seasonality of produce.
All ingredients for the course will be provided by the cookery school. You will be preparing your own dishes to take home, so you will need to bring two sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in each week.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
*Please note this is not an accredited, formal cookery qualification.
This course consists of 6 x 2.5 hour classes which are held at the same time each week for six consecutive weeks. Before booking this course please ensure that you can make all six classes. If you cannot make one of the classes please let us know in advance and we will email the recipe pack to you. You will not be able to transfer onto an alternative class and you will not be eligible for a refund on an individual class.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.