A Taste of SwedenThe Leeds Cookery School chefs will teach you some sensational Scandinavian recipes on this popular class!
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£70.00 per person
About this experience
On this class you’ll shown how to make authentic Swedish Meatballs (Köttbullar) with gravy (Gräddsås). You will make the beloved Swedish side dish, Jansson’s Temptation (Janssons Frestelse), a delectable, creamy gratin of matchstick potatoes and cured fish. To finish, you’ll create the staple treat of every coffeehouse up and down Sweden - Sticky Cake (Kladdkaka). This is a sticky chocolate cake made with oats and lashed with fresh cream.
Techniques you will learn:
- Authentic Swedish Meatballs - we will guide you towards executing the true balance of ingredients for the perfect Swedish meatball. We will also share exciting variations that reflect the various regional produce found around Sweden.
- Natural Blonde - we will give you the essential sauce skills and flavour knowledge to create ‘that’ luscious blonde gravy for your meatballs.
- Gratin Secrets - our host champions Jansson’s Temptation as Sweden’s easier answer to Gratin Dauphinoise! The skills and knowledge you learn through executing this dish will enable you to cheat a gratin potato dish at home with remarkable results.
- Fearless Baking - our chefs will guide you through this fool proof Swedish sticky cake recipe with plenty of troubleshooting and baking guidance along the way - you really cannot go wrong! You will also be furnished with tips and hints on how to add a Scandinavian twist to familiar British bakes.
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Köttbullar (Swedish Meatballs) [contains beef & pork]
- Gräddsås (Blonde Gravy)
- Janssons Frestelse (Jansson’s Temptation Potatoes)
- Kladdkaka (Sticky Chocolate Oat Cake)
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.