Curry Pastes and BlendsStep this way for curry house classics!
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
Want to learn some British Indian classics? This class is for you, spice lovers! Learn how to make five different curries plus some great staple side dishes. Lunch is included in this five hour class.
Techniques you will learn:
- You will be toasting and blending your own spices to achieve maximum flavour.
- Learn the correct ways to cook your pastes and curries.
- Learn the secrets of making a fragrant rice pilaf cooked with whole spices.
- How make a roti dough, rolling shaping and cooking tasty buttery roti and chapati breads.
- Learn about the different flavours and how to adapt to suit your taste.
- Using knife skills in preparing the meat (or vegetables) to go into your curry.
- Basic knife skills for every day use in the kitchen.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Korma Paste
- Vindaloo Paste
- TIkka Masala Paste
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Chicken Jafrezi
- Pilaf Rice with whole spices
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home everything that you make.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.