Italian BakingWe’ll show you how to master delicious, regional Italian bakes from bread to pastries!
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
We’ll show you how to master delicious, regional Italian bakes from bread to pastries. Lunch is included.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn two classic Italian breads; Focaccia and a super easy no-knead Ciabatta.
- Learn how to work with high hydration doughs.
- Learn how mix your dough in a food mixer correctly, the technique of stretch and fold, how to proof, shape and bake your bread.
- Learn how to top and dot your focaccia with the right seasonal toppings.
- Learn how to make a classic Sicilian street food: Cannoli. You’ll learn how form these light and moreish pastries complete with a refreshing ricotta filling.
- Learn how to make centrepiece Carta di Musica, super-thin, rustic crispbreads from Sardinia that your guests will adore!
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Cannoli Siciliani (with Ricotta Cream)
- Carta di Musica (Sardinian Crispbreads)
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made.
Please note that you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.