Italian BakingWe’ll show you how to master delicious Italian bakes from bread to biscuits and of course Bombolone!
Location:Leeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
We’ll show you how to master delicious Italian bakes from bread to biscuits and of course Bombolone! Lunch is included.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn two classic Italian breads; Focaccia and a super easy no-kneed Ciabatta.
- Learn how to work with high hydration doughs.
- Learn how mix your dough in a food mixer correctly, the technique of stretch and fold, how to proof, shape and bake your bread.
- Learn how to top and dot your focaccia with the right seasonal toppings.
- Learn how to make classic Italian street food Bombolone. You’ll learn how to mix, proof, shape and fry these Italian doughnuts and fill with Nuttella or lemon and ricotta.
- Learn how to make, pipe and bake this Ameretti macaroon biscuits, flavoured with Amaretto liqueur.
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.