Nordic BakingCome join us on a journey deep into the wonderful world of Nordic baking, exploring the methods and traditions of Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark.
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
On this all-day session you will journey deep into the wonderful world of Nordic baking, exploring the methods and traditions of Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark.
Techniques you will learn:
- Master the art of sweet Nordic bread, lightly sweet and spiced with a soft, fluffy crumb.
- Create a traditional Nordic rye crispbread - knäckebröd- with rustic and hearty wholegrain flavours. You will be introduced to the open-sandwich tradition - smørrebrød - with a range of delicious, flavourful toppings to be sampled for lunch!
- Produce a show-stopping, elegant Norwegian cream cake to end the day on a high! Affectionately referred to as ‘Verden’s Beste’, or ‘World’s Best Cake’, this stunning yet simple centrepiece cake consists of layered rich sponge, almond meringue, lingonberry jam and fresh cream.
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Danish Dream Cake (Drømmekage)
- Swedish Cardamom Knots (Kardemummabullar)
- Norwegian Cinnamon Swirls (Skillingsboller)
- Finnish Butter Eye Buns (Voisilmäpulla)
- Swedish Easter Cream Buns (Semlor)
- Swedish Rye Crackerbreads (Knäckebröd)
- Norwegian Almond & Lingonberry Creamcake (Kvaefjordkake)
What you can take home
You will take home everything that you’ve made. All the bakes on this class can be frozen.
A vegetarian lunch will be provided for you on this class.
Please note that you will need to bring two sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your items home in. We will provide all equipment and ingredients.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.