Perfect Risotto and AranciniLearn how to cook traditional Italian risotto and arancini in this hands on cooking class!
Location:Leeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£70.00 per person
About this experience
Learn how to cook traditional Italian risotto and arancini in this hands on cooking class! Our Resident Chef will show you how your favourite Italian restaurant achieves the perfect texture, why risotto rice is different and all the other the skills and techniques needed to make a perfect seasonal risotto. The class will then make their own butternut squash risotto and wonderfully crisp arancini. Techniques you will learn:
- Vegetable prepping and basic knife skills.
- Learn to identify the types of rice used and why cooking this rice is different.
- How to cook the base (risotto bianco) that you can then adapt for any flavour combination that you like.
- The secret to cooking the rice for the correct amount of time to achieve the correct creamy risotto al dente texture.
- Learn how to shape, crumb and cook arancini. A great way of using up any leftover risotto.
- Learn how to make a fantastic dipping sauce for your arancini.
Recipes: Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Butternut Squash and Sage Risotto
- A Seasonal Risotto
- Arancini and dipping sauce
What you can take home: There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients. Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes. Class can be vegetarian, just let us know your dietary requirements when booking.