Perfect Risotto and AranciniCreamy Italian risotto and crispy, golden arancini sound good? This is the class for you!
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
Learn how to cook traditional Italian risotto and arancini in this hands on cooking class! Our Resident Chef will show you how your favourite Italian restaurant achieves the perfect texture, why risotto rice is different and all the other the skills and techniques needed to make a perfect seasonal risotto. The class will then make their own seasonal risotto and wonderfully crisp arancini.
Techniques you will learn:
- Vegetable prepping and basic knife skills.
- Learn to identify the types of rice used specifically for risotto.
- How to cook the base (risotto bianco) that you can then adapt for any flavour combination that you like.
- The secret to cooking the rice for the correct amount of time to achieve the correct creamy risotto al dente texture.
- Learn how to shape, crumb and cook arancini. A great way of using up any leftover risotto.
Recipes: Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- A Seasonal Risotto
- Truffled Mushroom Arancini
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
Please note that you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.
This session is hosted by one of our three resident chefs.