Secrets of Sourdough
Location:Leeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
Take your breadmaking to the next level and learn from a professional Baker. Learn how to produce true artisanal breads, just as good as the real thing in your home kitchen, using a domestic oven.
Get all the top tips and secrets and make a variety of different breads from around the world!
Lunch is included.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn how to produce world class artisan bread at home with just a few simple tools. Baker Wayne Clarke will teach you the secrets of perfecting the 'King of Breads', Sourdough.
- Learn how to start your own sourdough culture and to keep it refreshed, alive and vigorous.
- Learn how to shape, fold, prove and bake your way to the perfect loaf.
- Learn how to produce world class artisan bread at home – sourdough boule, Pain de Campagne, Polish Rye (Chleba), Italian Polenta Bread and Pizza Siciliana.
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Sourdough Boule
- French Country Bread (Pain de Campagne)
- Polish Rye (Chleba)
- Italian Polenta Bread
- Sicilian Style Pizza (Pizza Siciliana)
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made (except the pizza which you will have for lunch).
Please bring to take your bread home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.