Sweet & Savoury Pastry MasterclassJoin us on an all day class and find out how to make the perfect sweet and savoury pastry.
Location:Leeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
Join us on an all day class and find out how to make the perfect sweet and savoury pastry. Our chefs have extensive pastry knowledge and now is your chance to get all the hints, tips and tricks from the professionals! By the end of this all day session, you'll have the practical skills and confidence needed to make these amazing dishes (and more!) at home.
Lunch made by our Resident Chef is included in this class.
Techniques you will learn:
- Rubbed in method, how to work with pastry, blind baking.
- How to make the perfect savoury custard quiche filling.
- Shortcrust Pastry, including Hazelnut Pastry.
- The correct techniques for preparing, making, handling and cooking hot water paste.
- Professional skills to make a delicious pork pie.
- Seasonal side salad and dressing as accompaniment for lunch.
- How to make the perfect sweet pastry.
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Butternut Squash Quiche with Hazelnut Pastry
- Handmade Pork Pie using traditional hot water paste
- Chocolate Tartlets
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home everything you have made throughout the day.
Students need to bring:
Please note that you you will need to bring some sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes. Please familiarise yourself with Leeds Cookery School's terms and conditions upon booking and don't forget to advise us of any dietary requirements upon booking.