Do I need to wear a mask?
Current guidance is to wear a mask upon entry and exit of the class and to wear if leaving the class to use the designated toilet. Our chefs and kitchen assistant will be wearing face shields throughout the classes.
Should you wish to wear a mask you are very welcome to do so.
How many customers will be on class?
This depends on whether we have any people who have booked from the same household/bubble and can therefore share a work area, but numbers are reduced and everyone has their own section to work in, 2 metres apart from the neighbouring section.
Will hand sanitiser be provided?
Yes, all work stations will be equipped with hand sanitiser, and as always all customers will be asked to wash their hands on arrival.
Do you have Test and Trace?
Yes, we have a QR code for test and trace, and should we be informed of anyone having COVID-19 we have contact details of attendees to get in touch as per government guidelines.
What happens if the class is cancelled?
If the cookery school is closed due to a full lockdown we will provide alternative dates for you. If you cannot attend due to COVID-19 you have the option to swap to another class of equal value, have a gift voucher for future use or to have a refund. We will inform you if we need to close and be in touch to arrange a suitable date.
What else are you doing to keep the customers and staff safe?
The current measures that we have in place are as below. These measures are communicated via email prior to the class and we will of course review these as anything changes.
- All staff and customers need to adhere to the 2 metres apart social distancing guidance. We have made this possible by reducing our standard class size, marking off individual cooking areas and creating a one way system of travel in the building.
- All customers should remain at home if they feel unwell and reschedule their booking. You will be asked to complete a health declaration form on arrival at the cookery school.
- Temperatures will be taken on entry.
- Staff and customers will be expected to wash and sanitise their hands frequently throughout the session.
- We are already five star food hygiene rated by the Food Standards Agency, but have increased the frequency of our cleaning schedule for your peace of mind.
- All touchable surfaces (including door handles etc) are cleaned and sanitised in-between sessions.
- All equipment, dishware, glassware and cutlery continue to be sanitised according to our normal business practices.
- We will ventilate the room by keeping windows and doors open where possible (weather permitting).
- The cookery school is on the right hand side of the building (to the right of Reception). The school has 2 doors, please use our left door to allow for a one way system of travel. You will be greeted by a member of staff who will explain the one way system.
- Any payments will be by contactless card wherever possible.