4 Week Thai CourseMaster the art of Thai food in this 4 week cookery course.
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£270.00 per person
About this experience
About this experience:
Love Thai food but not sure how to cook it at home? Then this is the course for you. Learn to cook the Thai classics from scratch like Pad Thai, Massaman, Panaeng Curry, Som Tam (green papaya salad) and more. This 4 week course will cover a wide range of cooking techniques like knife skills and curry pastes which you can apply to other cuisines as well. Each session will be 2.5 hours long and you will learn a selections of new dishes in each session.
THE COURSE WILL CONSIST OF 4 x 2.5-HOUR SESSIONS HELD AT THE SAME TIME EACH WEEK FOR FOUR CONSECUTIVE WEEKS.
At the end of this course not only will you be able to seriously impress with your Thai cooking skills but you will also have gained some new skills in the kitchen.
Techniques you will learn:
- How to make curry pastes from scratch.
- How to marinade and grill meat.
- Knife skills and fine slicing.
- The art of stir frying.
- How to prepare a salad dressing.
- How to prepare and cook rice and noodles.
- How to prepare and cook tofu.
The recipes will be provided for you to take home and add to your repertoire so you can keep making them time and time again. You will make:
- Week 1 – Beef Massaman Curry, Thai Coconut Rice, Chicken Satay & Dipping Sauce.
- Week 2 – Prawn Pad Thai & Green Papaya Salad.
- Week 3 – Panaeng Sweet Potato and Spinach Curry, Stir Fried Seasonal Vegetables in Chilli, Oyster Sauce & Soy, Sticky Thai Rice in Banana Leaf.
- Week 4 – Tofu Pad Prik King & Glass Noodle Salad.
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to samples the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made.
Please note that you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
*Please note this is not an accredited, formal cookery qualification.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.