6 Week Cooking Skills Course (Level 2)If you aspire to be a culinary all-rounder then this is for you, we are running a 6 week course covering a wide range of cooking techniques and recipes to ensure you will complete the course with bags of confidence in the kitchen!
Location:Leeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£350.00 per person
About this experience
Perhaps you have already completed our Level 1 course, or you may be a confident home cook looking to enhance your skills. Our Intermediate Cooking Skills Course has all the great recipes, hints, tips and tricks that you’ll need to build your culinary knowledge and take your home cooking to the next level!
Each session will be 2.5 hours long and you will learn a new dish each session. At the end of this course you will be able to bake, boil, butcher and braise your way to culinary success.
Course dates are:
- Thursday 21st October 6:30pm
- Thursday 28th October 6:30pm
- Thursday 4th November 6:30pm
- Thursday 11th November 6:30pm
- Thursday 18th November 6:30pm
- Thursday 25th November 6:30pm
Techniques you will learn:
Knife Skills – Minestrone Soup, Soda Bread, Cheese Straws
- The essential knife skills for use in your everyday cooking.
Red Meat Cookery & Emulsification Sauces – Steak, Chips, Salad & Dressing
- Learn how to shop for and select the perfect steak including what the different cuts are and the secret cuts that could save you money.
- Learn how to double fry chips achieving crispy and fluffy perfection.
- Learn how to make a brilliant Béarnaise sauce to accompany your steak.
- Learn how to make cold emulsion salad dressings and get top tips on adjusting and balancing flavours.
Further Fish Preparation, Pan-fried Maple Glazed Salmon, Thai Fishcakes, Saki Cured Cucumbers
- Our chef will demonstrate how to fillet a salmon.
- Learn how to pan fry fish to perfection.
- Make Thai fishcakes with a wonderful balance of flavours.
- Learn the science behind curing vegetables.
Wok Cookery – Tofu Kung Pao, Egg Fried Rice, Vegetable Gyoza & Dipping Sauce
- Learn about south east Asian flavours and make Vegan Kung Pao that will rival your favourite takeaway!
- Learn how to use the wok properly so you can create amazing stir fry and fried rice dishes at home.
- Learn how to fill, shape and cook perfect Vegetable Gyoza.
- Make a well balanced dipping sauce to accompany your Gyoza.
Intermediate Pastry – Quiche and Tarte Tartin
- Rubbed in method, how to work with pastry, blind baking.
- How to make the perfect savoury custard quiche filling.
- How to transform your shortcrust pastry with hazelnuts.
- Learn how to make a Chicken Caesar Salad – The perfect accompaniment for savoury pastry dishes.
- Our chef will demonstrate how to prepare and cook an impressive Tarte Tartin.
Proofing, Kneading and Shaping Dough – Pizza & Prosecco Cocktails
- Learn the process of making a perfect pizza dough, mixing, kneading and pizza stretching/shaping.
- Make a homemade marinara sauce using tomatoes, garlic and basil.
- Create a pizza to your liking with a range of toppings.
- We’ll sit down as a class to enjoy our pizza along with a Leeds Cookery School signature cocktail to celebrate the completion of the course.
Full recipes including ingredients and method are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
What you can take home:
Please note that you do not need to bring any equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost. You will however need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in.
There is also a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.