Taste of Kerala @ GiptonCreate your own South Indian dinner, and learn some fascinating techniques in the process.
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
If you've ever wanted to learn how to cook South Indian Cuisine, this is the class for you, in A Taste of South India you will learn how to create your own South Indian Dinner and learn the techniques of roasting and blending spices.
Techniques you will learn:
- Cook the same foods as you would in the south of India
- Learn how to roast and blend spices
- Skills in making rich, spicy onion and tomato gravy
- About Kappa - tapioca root, how to prepare and cook it as a tasty side dish
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Mutta roast - boiled eggs in a rich onion and tomato gravy (Chef demonstration)
- Prawn kappa curry - succulent prawns cooked in coconut sauce flavoured with tamarind and spices, served with kappa - tapioca root
- Roti bread
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home everything that you make.
- Please note you will need to bring 3 sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in. You do not need to bring any other equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost.
- Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking the class
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.
This session is delivered by one of our three resident chefs.