Taste of Louisiana @ GiptonLet our Chef transport you to the Blues and Jazz filled streets of New Orleans and make Gumbo, one of the most definitive dishes of Louisiana.
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
Once you’ve made this delicious traditional stew and rice with red beans, you won’t look back!
Techniques you will learn:
- How to make a Cajun roux and the special spice mix that create the flavour of Gumbo.
- Learn how to cook rice perfectly - no soggy rice here.
- Prepare and cook chicken and prawns.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Chicken, Prawn and Chorizo Gumbo
- Rice with Red Beans
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home everything you have made on class.
- Please note you will need to bring 3 sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in. You do not need to bring any other equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost.
- Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking the class
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.