A Taste of LouisianaLet our Chefs transport you to the Blues and Jazz filled streets of New Orleans make Gumbo one of the most definitive dishes of Louisiana.
Location:Leeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£70.00 per person
About this experience
Once you’ve made this delicious traditional stew and rice with red beans, you won’t look back!
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn the holy trinity of vegetables, how to make a Cajun roux and the special spice mix that create the flavour of Gumbo.
- Learn how to make the perfect accompanying dish of rice with red beans.
- Learn how to make cornbread, a true southern classic.
- Learn basic knife skills for everyday use in the kitchen.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Chicken, Prawn and Chorizo Gumbo
- Rice with Red Beans
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home everything you have made on class.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.