A Taste of Northern India (Plant-based)Take a trip to Northern India and uncover the secrets of traditional Indian style cookery in this plant-based class.
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
If you love your veg and adore a curry then this is THE class for you.
Techniques you will learn:
- Our Resident Chef will demonstrate how to expertly cook three excellent North Indian dishes helping you to take your plant-based cuisine out of the ordinary and into the sublime.
- Learn about spices and how to toast and temper them to make a tarka to intensely season your dhal.
- Learn a quick and easy method to unlock the secrets of the cooking basmati rice to perfection.
Full recipes including ingredients and method are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again:
- Urad dal with skin - White lentil dhal
- Kaddu ki Subji - Spicy butternut squash curry
- Oven baked fragrant pilaf rice
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home your dhal, curry and rice.
Please note that you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.