A Taste of ThailandKiss goodbye to your shop-bought jarred curry pastes and learn how to make it from scratch along with sticky rice and vegetable stir-fry.
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
This class with launch you into the fragrant, vibrant and delicious world of Thai cookery! You'll learn about Thai ingredients, flavours and the five sensory tastes including umami.
Techniques you will learn:
- Our Chef will walk you through the authentic way to make a Thai Green Curry using seasonal fish.
- Learn the building blocks behind the essential green Thai curry paste and how you can adapt for other dishes.
- Unravel the mystery of Thai sticky rice and learn how to perfect it.
- Learn how to stir fry to sizzling perfection.
- Basic knife skills for every day use in the kitchen.
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Thai Green Curry
- Sticky Rice
- Seasonal vegetable stir fry
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made.
Please note that you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.