Taste of Turkey @ GiptonCreate three classic dishes of Turkish Cuisine
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
Techniques you will learn:
- Refine and develop your knife skills.
- Learn how to handle and use filo pastry to get the best finish to your Kol Boregi
- Create your own Imam bayaldi, preparing and cooking this aubergine dish, using different cookery methods.
- Make a refreshing salad side dish flavoured with sumac.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Kol Boregi – Courgette, cheese and dill filo pastry pie
- Piyaz salad – red onion, tomato, parsley salad flavoured with sumac
- Imam bayaldi – A real classic dish of Turkish cuisine – baked aubergines with tomatoes, peppers and spices.
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home everything you've made.
- Please note you will need to bring 3 sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in. You do not need to bring any other equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost.
- Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking the class
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.
This session is delivered by one of our three resident chefs.