Afsaneh's Persian Kitchen - new recipes for 2022Set off on a Persian odyssey with the award winning Afsaneh Kaviani!
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
Afsaneh’s legendary supper clubs have been celebrated on the Leeds food scene for a few years and now you can learn how to cook some amazing Persian dishes from the Masterchef finalist herself.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn about aromatic spicing and balancing the flavours.
- Learn how to make strained yoghurt which is a basis for dips and starters.
- Learn about saffron and how to use it in dishes.
- Learn how to make the basic mix for Kuku and how to add your own choice of flavours/ingredients to create your own patties.
- Learn how to make Persian layered rice and how to top it.
- Nokhod zireh (Chickpea and cumin stew with spinach (spinach is optional))
- Kuku (Fried vegetable patties)
- Masteh kiseh (strained yogurt which will be a base of 2 yogurt dips)
- Morgheh loghmeh (Saffron chicken bites)
- Persian layered rice with Tahdig (crunchy rice at the bottom of the pan) - this is a demonstration
Full recipes, including the ingredients list and method, are provided so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. Half way through the class you will sit down and enjoy the chickpea and cumin stew, fried vegetable patties and yogurt dips, served with Persian bread and mint tea. You will take the saffron chicken bites and the Persian rice home with you.
Please note that you will need to bring several sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.
This session is hosted by Afsaneh Kaviani.