Bread Making EssentialsLet our Chef take you on a bread adventure where you will learn the skills to make consistently light and airy loaves.
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
Bread is nutritious if it is made the right way. Allow us to show you how three simple ingredients can transform into a beautifully crispy loaf of bread. Half way through this session you will sit down to enjoy a tasty lunch.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn how ingredients work, why is your bread good one day and not good the next? Let our resident chef show you how to produce a consistently good loaf.
- Learn how to shape the dough and apply toppings.
- What signs to look for to judge when your products are proved and how to produce a crispy crust yet light and airy crumb.
Full recipes including ingredients list and method are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again. Students make:
- Challah (a traditional Jewish enriched dough, a 4 strand plaited loaf)
- Irish soda bread (A traditional Irish unleavened bread)
- Date and walnut dinner rolls
- Focaccia with seasonal herbs and garlic
What you can take home:
You will take all of your bread home.
Please note that you will need to bring a couple of containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
There is also a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of the dish.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.