Bread Making Essentials @ GiptonLet our Chef take you on a bread adventure where you will learn the skills to make consistently light and airy loaves.
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
Bread is nutritious if it is made the right way. Allow us to show you how three simple ingredients can transform into a beautifully crispy loaf of bread. You will enjoy some of your creations when we break for lunch.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn how ingredients work, why is your bread good one day and not good the next? Let our resident chef show you how to produce a consistently good loaf.
- Learn how to shape the dough and apply toppings.
- What signs to look for to judge when your products are proved and how to produce a crispy crust yet light and airy crumb.
Full recipes including ingredients list and method are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again. Students make:
- Challah (a traditional Jewish enriched dough, a 4 strand plaited loaf)
- Irish soda bread (A traditional Irish unleavened bread)
- Date and walnut dinner rolls
- Focaccia with seasonal herbs and garlic
You will take all of your delicious freshly baked bread home to share with your loved ones.
There is a tasting session after each class where you will have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
We kindly ask that you bring 3 sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in. This helps us to save on costs and hence more money goes to our charity, Zest.
All ingredients are provided by the cookery school and are subject to availability of produce.
Please make sure to inform us of any allergies/dietary requirements when booking the class.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.