Chicken Parmo MasterclassIn this class we will show you how to make the North’s newest classic dish - the Teesside Chicken Parmo!
Location:Leeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£70.00 per person
About this experience
This humble, no-holds-barred masterpiece of fried chicken, béchamel sauce and cheddar cheese is a proud speciality of takeaways across the North East. The dish achieved notoriety nationwide after wowing the judges of BBC’s MasterChef UK, and we have the man himself - Newcastle-born chef Anthony O’Shaughnessy - presenting this exclusive masterclass. During this session, Anthony will share insight into the origin story behind this North East classic, along with executing the fundamental cooking techniques in creating the perfect Chicken Parmo in your own kitchen.
Techniques you will learn:
- Flawless Béch’: How to make the perfect béchamel sauce from scratch. Furthermore, we will demonstrate how to build upon a classic béchamel recipe to make exciting variations of the Chicken Parmo.
- The Perfect Crumb - we guide you through the process of breading, seasoning and frying chicken to guarantee the crispiest, most satisfying results! We’ll share insights into the science underlying deep-frying and making the perfect fried chicken.
- Picnic-Perfect Coleslaw - We will teach you the art of coleslaw. We’ll equip you with everything you need to create the picnic-perfect balance of crunchiness, sweetness and tang - a coleslaw so good it will blow your picnic blanket away!
- Killer Ketchup: our demonstrator will create his signature Beetroot Ketchup that pairs famously with a Chicken Parmo. We will demonstrate the fundamentals of creating a well-balanced, smooth and glossy ketchup at home. Our demonstrator will also share a selection of alternative ketchup recipes which make perfect gifts for loved-ones or purely for your own dinner table!
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- The Classic Teesside Chicken Parmo (a ‘Hot Shot’ option will be available for the brave!)
- Pickled Red Cabbage Coleslaw
- Alternative Ketchup
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.