Parent and Kids Christmas Cookie Decorating @ GiptonGet in the festive swing of things with this creative and curiously relaxing baking session! And it's suitable for Children so bring your little one along.
Cost:£75.00 – £100.00 per person
About this experience
On this creative and curiously relaxing Christmas baking session, you will create a batch of flavourful sugar cookies which make a great canvas for decorating. You will also be shown the fundamental icing and decorating techniques to create eye-catching designs on your biscuits: perfect for selling, gifting, eating or just showing them off on Instagram! This is a parent and child class so bring your little one along for some festive fun.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn a sugar cookie recipe
- How to shape and bake cookies fit for decorating.
- How to use common biscuit cutters to achieve a wide range of designs.
- Learn how to create a smooth royal icing for biscuit decorating, and how to adjust the consistency to create impressive textures on your iced biscuits.
- Learn how to create a variety of colours and shades in your icing using a basic gel food colouring kit, and how to manipulate colours to create elaborate effects.
- Basic Sugar Cookies
- Royal Icing
Recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
Please note that you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.