Cluck & Craft - zero waste chicken and cooking @ KirkgateCluck & craft is more than just a workshop, it offers a deeper appreciation for the versatility of chicken as an ingredient, as we aim to show just how much you can create with just one whole chicken. Using every inch of this fabulous bird we will take you through butchery to preparation, minimising waste whilst maximising flavour.
Cost:£105.00 per person
· Butcher the whole chicken – Break down your whole chicken, separating the breasts, wings, drumsticks, thighs and let’s not forget the oysters.
· Chicken stock – Make a blonde chicken stock ready for sauces, soups or even a velouté.
· Crispy butterfly chicken legs – Butterfly chicken legs with beer glaze.
· Salt & pepper Chicken wings – recreate that Chinese takeaway classic.
· Chicken saltimbocca – Roman classic chicken. Breast wrapped in prosciutto and sage, pan fried with buttery sauce.
· Honey & soy baked chicken thigh – creating a simple but delicious honey soy marinade, you bake the thigh to create a succulent addition to any menu.
All the session’s recipes are provided for you to take home to add to your personal repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
What you will take away from the experience
At Leeds cookery school we aim for our guests to take home a combination of newfound skills, knowledge, and a memorable experience that enriches their culinary curiosities and encourages them to explore & enjoy food in new and exciting ways.
At the end of our workshops we encourage our guests to relax and enjoy tasting the fruits of their labour and share the experience with their fellow participants.
You do not need to bring any other equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost.
Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking on to the workshop
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted, please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout the session.
Before booking this workshop please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, whether you are booking for Yourself or on behalf of another person - Cancellation Policy