Curry Pastes and BlendsStep this way for curry house classics like Lamb Rogan Josh, Chicken Jalfrezi and more.
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
Want to learn some British Indian classic curry pastes? This class is for you, spice lover! Learn how to make four different curries plus some great staple side dishes.
As part of the class you will make a Chicken Jalfrezi which you will sit down and enjoy for lunch.
Techniques you will learn:
- You will be toasting and blending your own spices to achieve maximum flavour.
- Learn the correct ways to cook your pastes and curries.
- Learn the secrets of making a fragrant rice pilaf cooked with whole spices.
- How make a roti dough, rolling shaping and cooking tasty buttery roti breads.
- Learn about the different flavours and how to adapt to suit your taste.
- Using knife skills in preparing the meat (or vegetables) to go into your curry.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Chicken Jalfrezi (Lunch)
- Vindaloo paste
- Tikka paste
- Pilaf Rice
- Roti breads
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home everything that you make.
Please note that you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.