Fresh fish preparation and cooking @ GiptonThis class will teach you the skills needed to confidently prepare fresh whole fish and cook the fillets perfection.
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
This class is an essential for those that want to up their fish cooking game. It will not only teach you all the necessary techniques to prepare and cook a fish but it will also teach you what to look for when buying fresh fish, how to ensure its from a sustainable source and storage techniques.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn what quality points to look for in fresh fish and different types of fish – flat, round, oily and white.
- Become confident in pan frying techniques.
- Learn how fillet a fresh mackerel (round fish).
- The Chef will demonstrate how to prepare and fillet a whole seabass.
- Develop your knife skills by cutting vegetables for a classic ratatouille to accompany your fish dishes.
- Pan fried sea bass with charred fennel
- Pan fried mackerel
What you take home:
The recipe pack and everything you have made within the class. There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
- There is also a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
- Please note you will need to bring 3 sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in. You do not need to bring any other equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost.
- Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking the class.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.