Malaysian Takeaway @ GiptonSatay, Rendang, Nasi Goreng - the cornerstone dishes of Malaysian food and you can learn how to cook them from scratch in this class.
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
Master some Malaysian classic dishes and some key cooking skills so you can seriously impress your friends, family and yourself. We also do a vegetarian option on request.
Techniques you will learn
- How to make Satay sauce. (Chef demo)
- Learn how to prepare, marinate and cook chicken Satay skewers. (Chef demo)
- How to make a Rendang curry paste and cook a beef and aubergine curry.
- How to make Nasi Goreng, a Malaysian style fried rice
- Develop your knife skills chopping and cutting for the dishes
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Chicken Satay -Chef Demo and Taster
- Beef and Aubergine Rendang
- Nasi Goreng
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home everything you've made.
- Please note you will need to bring 3 sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in. You do not need to bring any other equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost.
- Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking the class.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.
You session will be hosted by one of our three resident chefs.