How to Cook the Perfect Steak - Busting the MythsThe Leeds Cookery School Chefs will teach you everything you need to know about selecting and cooking a great steak!
Location:Leeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£55.00 per person
About this experience
Just what is the difference between steak cuts? How do you know what to look for in the shop and how can you expertly prepare steak? You will taste a variety of cuts throughout the class as cooked by our Resident Chef, then cook your own steak under expert guidance. You'll sit down to enjoy your steak and chips with a glass of wine at the end of the class.
Learn how to cook the meat perfectly every time, plus a delicious grilled Portobello mushroom, great chips and a sauce that will wow your friends and family!
Techniques you will learn:
- Our Resident Chef will demonstrate and show you how to expertly cook a steak to your own personal liking.
- Learn how to shop for and select the perfect meat including what the different cuts are and the secret cuts that could save you money.
- Learn how to prepare and double fry chips achieving crispy and fluffy perfection.
- Learn how to make a brilliant B√©arnaise sauce.
- Learn how to make a cold emulsion salad dressing and get top tips on adjusting and balancing flavours.
Full recipes, including ingredients and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again:
- Pan Fried Steak
- Hand Cut Double Fried Chips
- B√©arnaise Sauce
- Honey & Mustard Salad Dressing
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will also sit down at the end of the class for a meal and eat your own juicy steak with a glass of wine.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.