Jewish BakingLearn how to produce traditional Jewish breads and a baked cheesecake on this five hour class! Class includes lunch and refreshments.
Location:Leeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
Our chefs will guide you through all the steps to making these tasty and authentic recipes.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn the importance of using correct measurements, temperature and timings.
- Learn how to stretch, shape and fold your dough like a professional.
- How to make bagel dough and the process of boiling and baking the dough to achieve the bagel’s unique dense and chewy texture.
- How to correctly apply toppings to the bagels.
- Make Challah, a traditional Jewish enriched dough usually eaten on ceremonial occasions and Jewish holidays.
- Learn how to plait and knot loaves.
- Make a delicious Chocolate Babka from the Challah dough.
- Learn professional techniques to improve the quality or your breads.
- Learn how to make a traditional Baked Cheesecake, achieving the perfect balance of flavours.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Chocolate Babka
- Baked Cheesecake
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home everything that you make.
This class is a celebration of these excellent Jewish recipes, but please note that the class is not Kosher. You you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.