Jewish BakingLearn how to produce traditional Jewish breads.
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
Our chefs will guide you through all the steps to making tasty and authentic Jewish bread.
You will sit down and enjoy the Bagels you make for lunch and we'll provide smoked salmon and cream cheese to top them.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn the importance of using correct measurements, temperature and timings.
- Learn how to stretch, shape and fold your dough like a professional.
- How to make bagel dough and the process of boiling and baking the dough to achieve the bagel’s unique dense and chewy texture.
- How to correctly apply toppings to the bagels.
- Make Challah, a traditional Jewish enriched dough usually eaten on ceremonial occasions and Jewish holidays.
- Learn how to plait and knot loaves.
- Make a delicious Chocolate Babka from the Challah dough.
- Learn professional techniques to improve the quality or your breads.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Bagels (lunch topped with salmon and cream cheese)
- Chocolate Babka
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home everything that you make. Lunch will be provided
This class is a celebration of these excellent Jewish recipes, but please note that the class is not Kosher.
You will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.