La Cucina Vegetariana! [Vegetarian Italian]In this class you will learn how to make a selection of classic vegetarian Italian dishes to take home for your evening meal
Location:Leeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
In this class you will learn how to make a selection of classic vegetarian Italian dishes to take home for your evening meal.
Lunch is included, you will make your own classic Italian street food : mozzarella stuffed Arancini balls and enjoy a glass of Italian wine.
Techniques you will learn:
- How to fry aubergines and get the best from this classic Italian vegetable often referred to in 'cucina povera' cookery as the poor man’s meat. How to make a truly sensational tomato sauce. How to layer a Parmigiana Melanzana and create exquisite textures.
- How to make, shape and simmer Malfatti dumplings and dress in a tantilising sauce.
- How to make, stretch, fold, prove, dimple, top and bake a Focaccia.
- How to whip, fold, soak and layer the classic Italian pick me up Tiramisu.
- How to make a Risotto Bianco, cool, stuff, shape, coat and fry Arancini.
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Parmigiana Melanzana
- Spinach and Ricotta Malfatti, Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.