La Cucina Vegetariana! [Vegetarian Italian]In this class you will learn how to make a selection of classic vegetarian Italian dishes.
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
Italian food isn't all ragu and meatballs, there are some fantastic vegetarian recipes that we will teach you how to create in this class.
Lunch is included, you will make your own classic Italian street food : mozzarella stuffed Arancini balls.
Techniques you will learn:
- How to fry aubergines and get the best from this classic Italian vegetable often referred to in 'cucina povera' cookery as the poor man’s meat. How to make a truly sensational tomato sauce. How to layer a Parmigiana Melanzana and create exquisite textures.
- How to make, shape and simmer Malfatti dumplings and dress in a tantilising sauce.
- How to make, stretch, fold, prove, dimple, top and bake a Focaccia.
- How to whip, fold, soak and layer the classic Italian pick me up Tiramisu.
- How to make a Risotto Bianco, cool, stuff, shape, coat and fry Arancini.
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Parmigiana Melanzana
- Spinach and Ricotta Malfatti, Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made.
Please note that you do not need to bring any equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost. You will however need to bring two (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.