Pan Asian MasterclassTake a 5 hour voyage around Asia with the Leeds Cookery School chefs!
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
Take a 5 hour voyage around Asia with the Leeds Cookery School chefs! Explore the flavours of Korea, Vietnam, malaysia, Japan, China and Indonesia. Lunch is Included.
Techniques you will learn:
- Preparing cauliflower and making a Korean marinade and creating a delicious spicy vegetarian side dish or starter.
- Developing your knife skills to prepare fresh vegetables for a tasty Vietnamese flavoured stir fry
- Sealing and stewing techniques to develop a rich deep beef and aubergine Rendang
- How to pickle and flavour a refreshing Japanese salad for a side dish
- Master the techniques in preparing a tasty rice stir fry and using authentic Indonesian ingredients
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Gochujang cauliflower ‘wings’ - Korea
- Stir fried lemon grass vegetables - Vietnam
- Beef and aubergine Rendang - Malaysian
- Sunomono cucumber salad- Japanese
- Nasi Goreng - Indonesia
- Sang Choy Bow - China
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home everything that you make.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.