Parent & Kids Festive Doughnuts @ GiptonIn this fun, hands-on class, our chefs will show your child how to make beautiful festive doughnuts, fillings and icing.
Cost:£75.00 – £100.00 per person
About this experience
A great baking session for some fun family time! In this hands-on class, our chefs will show you and the kids how to make beautiful Chistmas themed doughnuts, fillings and icing. You’ll learn all the techniques needed to recreate these at home. And, at the end of the session you’ll go home with a big box of doughnuts to share.
Please be aware that some elements of the doughnut preparation will need to be carried out by an adult e.g. deep fat frying.
Techniques you will learn:
- How to make dough for doughnuts which is light and airy.
- Our chefs will show you how to make a wonderful crème patisserie.
- Shaping, frying, dipping, filling and icing doughnuts.
- Handcrafted doughnuts with a selection of fillings and decorations.
- Create your own with a selection of toppings including; Gingerbread Crumb, Hazelnut Chocolate and Clementine-Ice.
Who can attend
Any children from the ages of 6 – 16 years old are welcome! Choose from one adult with either one or two children from the ticket type. All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please be aware we don’t provide stools for children to stand on due to health and safety, children must be able to reach the counter.
What you take home:
- There is also a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
- Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking the class.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.