Plant-based Baking @ GiptonNew to plant-based or vegan baking? This class will help you conquer three essential baking styles.
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
On this session the Leeds Cookery School chefs will introduce you to plant-based and vegan bakery, giving you a solid foundation to create your own bakes at home!
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn the fundamental knowledge of creating plant-based biscuits and cookies. You will be shown how different vegetable fats can impact the shape, flavour and texture of your finished bakes.
- Hint and tips for creating plant-based cakes that boast moisture and flavour.
- How to employ various seasonal fruits and vegetables in baking, and how to effectively substitute eggs and butter in a baking recipe.
- How to make a crisp-textured pastry using plant-based fats.
The recipes will be provided for you to take home and add to your repertoire, so you can keep making them time and time again! You will make:
- Plant-Based Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Spiced Apple Cider Cake with Speculoos Icing
- Provençal Tomato Galette
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made.
- Please note you will need to bring 3 sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in. You do not need to bring any other equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost.
- Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking the class.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.