School leavers 2 day intensive cookery courseThis 2 day intensive cookery course is designed to equip young adults who are leaving home with essential cookery skills so they can cook budget friendly and nutritious meals from scratch.
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£295.00 per person
About this experience
Leaving home is very exciting but also quite daunting at the same time. This cookery course is designed to take some of the pressure off by equipping you with essential cookery skills so you can confidently whip up a delicious meal from scratch. You don’t need any previous cooking experience to attend this course, we will teach you everything you need to know.
This 2 day course will take place on Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th August 2022. The classes will start at 10am and last until 4pm on both days.
- The benefits of planning a weekly menu and how to do it.
- Batch cooking and freezing techniques.
- How to source budget friendly, quality ingredients and what to look for.
- How to store ingredients so they last longer.
- Hints and tips on what to do with your leftovers.
- Knife skills and kitchen safety.
- Vegetable preparation and what to do with the waste.
- How to handle meat safely.
- Food safety.
- Seasonal vegetable and smoked tofu stir fry (lunch)
- Butternut squash curry, dhal
- Aubergine kung po, pineapple and chilli fried rice.
- Fresh minestrone, soda bread (lunch)
- Spicy sausage cassoulet. Kale with garlic and chilli
- Chicken tikka, rice pilaff and naan bread
Please be aware that the recipes are subject to change if there are issues with ingredient availability.
What you take home:
The recipe pack and everything you have made within the class (apart from the dishes you have for lunch as stated in the recipe list). There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
We provide all equipment and ingredients. All you need to bring are some food storage containers to take the food that you make home with you.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.