Seafood and Paella PreparationGet to Grips with Fish Preparation!
Location:Leeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£70.00 per person
About this experience
Making fish and seafood dishes at home can be a bit daunting, especially as you don’t want to overcook the wonderful produce! Let our resident experts show you how to prepare and cook a perfect paella that you will want to make for your family and friends again and again.
Techniques you will learn:
- Basic Knife skills for everyday use.
- How to fillet a round fish, boning , scaling and skinning.
- How to clean and prepare prawns, mussels and squid.
- How to make flavoursome fish stock.
- How to make a sofrito(tomato base for paella)
- Learn about the sourcing and sustainability of fish
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Seafood Paella
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made.
Please note that you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.