Sweet & Savoury Pastry MasterclassJoin us on this all day session and find out how to make the perfect pastry!
LocationLeeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£150.00 per person
About this experience
Join us on this all day session and find out how to make pastry. Our chefs have extensive knowledge on all things pastry and now is your chance to get all the hints, tips and tricks from the professionals.
By the end of the day you’ll have the practical skills and confidence needed to make amazing pastry dishes at home.
Lunch is included.
Techniques you will learn:
- Rubbed in method, how to work with pastry, blind baking.
- How to make the perfect savoury custard quiche filling.
- Shortcrust Pastry – Including Hazelnut Pastry.
- The correct techniques to preparing, making, handling and cooking hot water paste.
- Professional skills to make a delicious pork pie.
- Seasonal side salad and dressing as accompaniment for lunch.
- How to make sweet pastry and chocolate tart filling.
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Butternut Squash Quiche with hazelnut pastry
- Handmade Pork Pie using traditional hot water paste.
- Chocolate Tartlets
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made.
Please note that you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.